NUI Word is a online and offline community under the form of a no-profit organization.
The Association is not for profit with the purpose to promote and evangelize the methodological thinking over, theoretical, scientific collaboration and the development of practices, resources and shared tools in computer science with particular interest to the new world of Natural User Interfaces. The use of digital applications in all areas.
The study and the deepening of topics related to the impact of technological innovation, with particular interest in the NUI world , with the search for new solutions, both hardware and software to facilitate the integration and application.
The association has, between his main purposes, to help, through the implementation of cutting-edg technical solutions related to the NUI echosystem, learning in preschool and early school years, using their skills and resources and its members.
To achieve its objectives, the Association has the following objectives:
- Promote scientific and training activities in the field of Nature User Interface and application of digital technologies;
- Improve the visibility and awareness of initiatives and individual resources, institutional and other associations, facilitating the realization of ideas and interdisciplinary projects;
- Promote the integration of computer skills of all concerned;
- Establish and consolidate links with other European and international organizations in the field of Nature User Interfaces and digital applications.
The activities of the Association are (including but not limited to) the following:
- Organization of scientific events with information and training purposes (such as conferences, seminars, courses, etc.), of mono-graphic and serials publications, of activities and research projects in the areas of interest;
- Implementation and maintenance of information channels concerning events and activities of interest to promote theoretical and methodological thinking over, the development of practical applications and tools in the area of interest (such as the development of custom SDK, components, etc.) ;
- Promotion of actions to establish and maintain strong ties with associations and institutions that operate internationally;
- Promotion of actions in the appropriate fora in order to promote the institutional presence and structured of humanities and the construction of theoretical and practical skills relating to the use of computer applications and digital academic curricula in the areas of human sciences;
- Encouraging the development of criteria and procedures, including the application of computational methods for the evaluation of scientific publications in the field of digital humanities, and in particular those related to the use of digital technologies;
- Encouraging open access to digital resources (content and tools) for the study, research and training.
- Creation or promotion of mechanisms for securing support (scholarships, prizes degree) and greater visibility to the work of young people who are currently engaged in research in the areas of interest of the Association, in Italy and abroad;